Lotion bars are such a great way to moisturize the skin not just in the cold winter months but all year long. So If you’re into making you’re own bath and body products then this recipe for DIY sweet orange and vanilla lotion bars is perfect! You can easily make them at home, add them to your self-care routine and hand them as gifts to your loved ones.
What Are Lotion Bars?
Lotion bars are essentially a solid form of a lotion that is non-greasy and made up of natural ingredients that deeply moisturize the skin. They are typically oils, butters, and beeswax that seal in moisture to keep the skin from getting dry. Another reason that makes them great is that they come in convenient and portable packaging making them easy to pop in our purses and bags.
How to Use Lotion Bars?
Lotion bars can be used in different ways and typically depends on your preference or what your skin needs. Although there are quite a few ways to use them, we can say that all of them are pretty simple and straightforward. Here’s how to use them.
- You can simply rub them directly onto the skin or apply them on slightly damp skin after getting out of the shower.
- Rub the lotion bar between your hands to warm them, eventually melting it slightly, then apply it onto the skin.
- If you want to moisturize your face, you can simply wash your face, dry it and apply the lotion bar.
How To Make Sweet Orange and Vanilla Lotion Bar?
This DIY lotion bar is incredibly easy to make and would only require a few ingredients. Here’s how to do it.
- 3 ounces Unrefined African Shea Butter
- 3 ounces coconut oil
- 3 ounces Beeswax Pellets
- 15 drops of orange essential oil
- 7 drops of vanilla fragrance oil
- ⅛ tsp orange mica powder
- Kitchen scale
- 4 cup microwave-safe spouted measuring cup
- Cylinder silicone soap mold
- Measure the shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax by weight, using the kitchen scale. Layer the ingredients into the measuring cup.
2. Place the ingredient-filled measuring cup into the microwave and heat on high for one minute. Remove and stir. Repeat until everything is fully melted.
3. Once melted, add the essential oil and mica powder. Stir well.
4. Pour into mold, filling each cavity about ¾ of the way.
5. Allow lotion bars about 40 minutes to fully set, before unmolding.